Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 05:57:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Welcome to Detroit Horsepower...... the home of real American Musclecars. Proudly Sponsored by;

Detroit Horsepower Forum Home to real American Musclecars.  |  Camaro  |  First Gen. (67-69)  |  Topic: WATKINS GLENN PACE CAR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WATKINS GLENN PACE CAR  (Read 1261 times)
BEAUMONTBILL
All

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WATKINS GLENN PACE CAR
« on: April 01, 2004, 05:08:00 pm »

Does anyone out there have any info on the 69 camaro that was the pace car for the gran prix races at Watkins Glen for the 69 season.  I am told it was  one of five cars specially built for the Glen in white with black stripes black top black interior and a 375hp 396 with a turbo 400. Any info or pictures  of the car would be very helpfull. Thanks, Bill
Report to moderator   Logged
MOTIONHARRELLYENKO

Email
Re:WATKINS GLENN PACE CAR
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 05:41:01 pm »

Bill,Try calling Watkins Glen in NY and asking for their archives Department,they have info and old pictures of this car.I did this with the Daytona Achives,asked for certain things,they found them,copied them and sent them.Of course there is a cost $$ but it's pretty neat to get this old stuff!! I use to have the persons name and phone number at the Watkins Glen Raceway archives,but I can't find it right now. Ask them if they have any 69 Track Programs too,I did this with Daytona and found pictures of their old Pace Cars in there!! Good Luck,Dan   Cheesy
MUSCLECARMAGMAN
Global Moderator
Full time GURU

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 05:44:14 pm »

Theres one on ebay its either a can-am or grand prix.Can't remember which one.

BEAUMONTBILL
All

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 05:45:24 pm »

Thanks for the input Dan. I contacted Watkins Glen and unfortunetly
they lost all of there archives to a fire. I have not found any Glen programs yet, that is a great idea I hadn't thought of. The people  at the Glen told  me that the car was how I explained it,and they remember the car, but couldn't provide any docs or pictures.
MUSCLECARMAGMAN
Global Moderator
Full time GURU

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 05:51:33 pm »

Bill just checked ebay #4120042703 its the grand prix.

BEAUMONTBILL
All

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 05:54:14 pm »

Tim,
     Thanks for the heads up. I'm on it Smiley

Bill
MOTIONHARRELLYENKO

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 05:59:55 pm »

Bill,I gonna send you a Private Email with a persons name and phone number who use to go to Watkins Glen back then all the time.This guy was a mechanic for 1 of the 69 Camaro Trans-Am cars. Good Luck,Dan Cheesy
rpoz11

Tequila!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 04:51:42 pm »

hi...my first post here; NASCAR approached GM, particulary the Chevrolet division, about having pace cars for their events back in early 69  due to the INDY effort and several 69 convertibles were produced and used from track to track. Some vary with options here and there but for the most part, all were 396-350or375 hp versions; I knew of one that was similar to the Daytona Pace Car that was used up at North Wilkesboro that was a (interior color code for this I dont recall at this moment-- deluxe blue comfortweave interior'd) 50 A 396-350HP'd T-400 and was loaded with options. That car had a factory blue light stereo and light monitors-all of which was still intact when i last saw it about 1990. I do believe that it NOT being an "INDY" Pace Car, it had the blacked out tail panel!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Detroit Horsepower Forum Home to real American Musclecars.  |  Camaro  |  First Gen. (67-69)  |  Topic: WATKINS GLENN PACE CAR « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length