Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 07:02:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Welcome to Detroit Horsepower...... the home of real American Musclecars. Proudly Sponsored by;

Detroit Horsepower Forum Home to real American Musclecars.  |  Musclecars  |  General Motors  |  Topic: WORLDS RAREST CAMARO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WORLDS RAREST CAMARO  (Read 2628 times)
Motown

Email
WORLDS RAREST CAMARO
« on: November 22, 2003, 10:59:43 am »

Here are a couple photos of what "Muscle Car Review" has termed the "Rarest Camaro On The Planet" in a recent issue of which this was the cover car. This car belongs to a friend, it is a real assembly line built 1968 Z-28 Convertible that was built for Chevrolet general manager Pete Estes. Chevrolet engineering had also installed a cross ram induction set up and rear wheel disc brakes. Also came fully loaded with options including rear defog on a rag top! The owner says a cool million will buy it. Considering  the Hemi Cuda drop tops are valued about the same, the price could be possible as this is the "Only" first generation Z-28 convertible ever built.
Thanks,
Motown

Report to moderator   Logged
elcamino72
All

Re: WORLDS RAREST CAMARO
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 12:22:18 pm »

Awesome car... I remember the article ... I had heard of this car but seeing it here and in the magazine makes it even better.  What a cool car!

Bryan Shook
MOTIONHARRELLYENKO

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 01:33:52 pm »

Motown,Awesome one off car!!! When was this car actually built in 68? What gear ratio does this Gem have? Whas there any savings in weight because of the convertable?Is that a fiberglass cross ram cowel hood too? Thanks for posting this awesome car!! Dan
JL8Jeff
All

All my vehicles are modified

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 10:29:04 am »

Dan, this car was built in 68 and they put the crossram and fiberglass crossram hood along with the JL8 service package rear discs on it!  Too bad it isn't an RS as well, that would be the ultimate Camaro.

69 Z28, documented JL8 with crossram, TI, heater & radio delete, Minilite wheels, Stahl race headers-being restored
70 Camaro L78 Canadian car
00 Camaro SS
Motown

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 10:46:53 am »

Jeff,
 I have always wondered why the car did not have the RS option. It has about everything else, power windows, rear defog, AM/FM with console mounted Multiplex unit, deluxe interior, walnut wheel, Tic Toc tach, console gauges, speed warning, and I am sure things I havent thought of. RS would have been the clincher. When the car left GM ownership the Cross Ram and JL8 were removed by engineering, the current owner restored the car with the correct date coded parts that GM removed.
Motown
MUSCLECARMAGMAN
Global Moderator
Full time GURU

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 10:59:07 am »

Matt can I get some photos of the car?At THE FORGE MUSCLECAR SHOW in Pigeon Forge next year.Had to plug it!!!

Motown

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 11:05:07 am »

Tim,
  I may be able to get Al to bring the car to the show next year, I got time to work on it.
Motown
MUSCLECARMAGMAN
Global Moderator
Full time GURU

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 11:09:58 am »

Work on Bill O. too love to see the LS 7 just like alot of other guys.P.S. if the shelbys done bring it too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Detroit Horsepower Forum Home to real American Musclecars.  |  Musclecars  |  General Motors  |  Topic: WORLDS RAREST CAMARO « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length